Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hello boys and girls,

I hope you had received adequate feedback yesterday to develop your Sketchup models. As you probably realised from yesterday's studio, it is in your best interest to be up to date with your work so that you can work smoothly into the next task without having to worry about the one before.

If you had read the Week 2 Task brief carefully, you would have realised that by next week, 4 sets of stairs are required of you. I apologise for misreading the brief at the end of studio. You can take this as a lesson to always trust the brief instead of anyone else.

For those who are trying to model complex organic shapes. A plug in called Artisan Organic Toolset might be of use to you. You have to buy it, it is not expensive and I think it is worth the money. Check this video out.

Another piece of advice I would like to give is to 'KNOW YOUR CLIENTS'. I cannot stress how important it is to refer to your client like he is a good friend, someone you know extremely well. I would like all you to start by at least knowing their names. Next week I do not want to hear phrases like "the sushi guy" or "stra-dee-what?". Please also refer to one of Jeremy Harkins' blog post on getting to know your clients.

If you have a question throughout the week, feel free to comment on this post and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. Some of you may have questions on your staircase or which sketch should be chosen for your staircase. These questions were supposed to be addressed in studio yesterday, but alas the time just flew by.

Good luck with your sketchup models and this week's task. Remember to read the brief carefully.

Jo

p.s. I am still missing blog addresses from Joel, Tae Young and Jeny. Please reply to this post with your addresses.

1 comment: